Sunday, July 7, 2019

Amen, Jude 1:25

Amen

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power, and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Well, I probably told this story before... but here we go again... When I grew up, we had a pastor in the Ickesburg area that had two churches during the same period my father pastored at Saville. His name; the Reverend James Gold. He had several quirks, yet everyone loved him and his wife, Elenore. The most prevalent characteristic to me was his booming voice. He learned to project it and he could do it well! We had many community services between churches for Grandpa and he had a strong relationship. The one word that always reminds me of him is "amen". Actually it is... A-MEN! I rarely hear the word without repeating in my head as he would say it. He said it and all knew that that one word ended the service. There was nothing more to be said!

And, that is how this verse and this book ends, A-MEN! Nothing more to be said! God, the only God. God, our Savior, the One to whom all honor is due! There is no greater power or authority. Not now nor will there ever be! Throughout the ages all glory and majesty belong to him and to his son Jesus Christ our Lord!!! A-MEN! (That says it all, there's nothing more to be said.)

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment