Thursday, March 22, 2018

Bad Influences, Proverbs 22:24

Bad Influences

Proverbs 22:24 Do not make friends with a hot tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered.

Hang around godly friends, and you will become more like Christ, naturally. Chill with worldly friends, and you'll become like them, naturally. ~Dad

Way back in the 80's and newly married, I worked on a job with a man who had a weird, annoying laugh. Within a week, I had picked up on it, and the laugh became part of me. It did not take long for an annoyed wife to remove that part of me.

One more thing... You're probably thinking, Dad saying chill? Yeah, that's probably the first time I ever used the word "chill" in that context... Yeah, were just chillin... nah, I don't want to be that guy. I rarely even use the word "cool"... cause Fonzie was cool, and I never wanted to be like him either.

No comments:

Post a Comment