Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Lord Willing, Proverbs 27:1

Lord Willing

Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

When I grew up, the Bible was taken more literal. We wanted to do as it said, so when James said you shouldn't say tomorrow we will do this or that, for it is boasting to do so. Rather, we are to say if the Lord wills we will accomplish it. That's why I always heard people say something like well, I'll see you tomorrow, Lord willing. We'll be planting corn next week, Lord willing. Even now, when I head home from work, I text your mother and say, see you soon, LW. Do not be haughty, thinking that your plans will be carried out. Recognize that the Lord is in charge, and if he so wills it, you will complete what you have set out to do. ~Dad

Interesting adaption from Grandpa... we'll see you then, Lord willing, body and soul holding together, and the creek doesn't rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment