Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Why Saved: Part 3: To Be His, Tutus 2:14

Why Saved: Part 3: To Be His

Titus 2:14 who gave himself up for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

In this verse, Paul tell Titus the reasons why Christ died for us. We'll look at them separately.

Christ died because
  • He wants to save us from all sin
  • He wants to purify us from all sin
  • He wants to make us his very own
Some people like to say that every person on earth is a child of God. We are created by God and that make us his children. In some sense this is true. I don't know of any verse that says that. If that is true true, most are wayward and illegitimate, not true children of God.

K, we adopted you into our family at your request, and I am happy to call you my daughter. I hope you are pleased to have me as your dad. Certainly, I could have been a better father. There is a father who is so much better than I. Both of you have been adopted into his family. I still claim you, yet I have given you over to him. You have become his child, a child of the King. It is what he wanted. He has taken you as his very own. You are joint heirs with Christ, his son. He desires to keep you as his very own, and because you are saved, you are his!

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment