Saturday, June 1, 2019

Your Dad Forever, Isaiah 9:6

Your Dad Forever

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Wow, hard to believe, but this is the 1000th post I have written to my daughters on the forever-dad blog!

How could that be!? It started when you, Anna, went off to college at Penn View. It was then I knew that just because your child is going off to a Christian school doesn't mean that my responsibilities as a father end. In fact, I believe that during their college years a father is even more responsible to fulfill his duties to love and care for the needs of his children, especially spiritual and emotional ones.

Anna, you are done college except for student teaching, and Kellie, you are married. Life is soon going to go faster and faster... moving away from home, married, children, houses, hopes and dreams, work decisions, money issues, even troubles, deaths and heartaches.

Life! That is what's ahead. Good times and bad, joys and sorrows, yet through it all you will have Dad. No, not me, for although I claim to be ~Dad, I can't be with you all the time. I will not be around forever. I do not have all the answers, I can not solve all your troubles, and I certainly cannot make you holy and pure. Sure, as long as I live, I commit to the responsibility to help you in all these areas, but you must live your own life. It is for you to seek the Lord and make the determination on what is right. Along with your husband, you are responsible to follow the Lord with all your heart, mind, body, and soul.

Yet you are not alone! I will not leave you fatherless, for Jesus is your Everlasting Father. He will be the best counselor, he will be your God, and he will bring you peace. Let me leave you with this verse...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    Lean not on your own understanding
        In all your ways acknowledge him
            And He will direct your paths Proverbs 3:5&6 jbv

This is why I write, that you will take what I have given you and search out what God has for you and take what he is giving you and live for him. Be the hands and feet and mouth of Christ. Deny yourself, go to others, serve them and tell them about Jesus! And when I hear of all your selfless deeds, I will be eternally grateful that God has taught my daughters far beyond what I could ever have done. May God be praised for his glorious deeds!

~Dad

Note... this is not the last post. I wanted it to be a special one. I wanted it to show how much I care for you two. Honor me by honoring Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment