Thursday, March 16, 2017

My Glory and Joy, 1 Thessalonians 2:19

My Glory and Joy

1 Thessalonians 2:19 For what is our hope and our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?

Paul and others worked hard to nurture the spiritual lives of those in Thessalonica. With great conviction, they accepted Paul's message and became imitators of him and of the Lord. But, Paul and his fellow workers had to move on and left them to grow in the Lord, and now he was concerned for their souls. Had they turned back? Were hardships and sufferings over taking them so that they turned back on their faith? Paul sent Timothy to them to find out. When he returned, he had great news; the Thessalonians had remained strong in their faith, they were standing in the Lord! What a joy that was to Paul.

A and K, I have nurtured each of you in your faith. As a concerned father and mentor, I desire that you live a life worthy of the calling you have received (Ep. 4:1). So, whenever I see or hear of your faithfulness, I glory in the fact that you are standing firm. It gives me encouragement to know that I have not labored in vain; nor spent my strength for nothing at all (Is. 49:4). When Christ returns, I want to present you to him, a living sacrifice, holy unto him. You will be my crown! Continue, then, to stand firm in the Lord and the joy in my heart.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment