Thursday, December 15, 2016

Genesis 12:1-9, Part 5: Wait on the Lord

Wait on the Lord

Genesis 12:1 The Lord said to Abram, "Leave you country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.


Daughters, this writing is about how we go about finding God's plan for us. This is wisdom I have gathered living life not just an applying of some scripture. You are probably a little like I was at your age and as I am now for that matter. You wonder, "What is God's PLAN for my life!"

There is something I have found true in my life. There is no "Super Duper", "Better not Miss It", "God's Perfect Plan" for your life. If that were true... I missed it, and now I can never fully serve and honor God! But that doesn't mean God didn't have something specific for me to do and I didn't do it. I am sure there were many of those instances where I failed his plan, and I must not minimize their importance of  in God's work, especially in someone else's spiritual destiny. Yes, it is true that I have failed him in that way.

But what I have found in life is this. I must wait on the Lord to show me the way. God told Abram, "Go... I will show you." I always wanted God to write me a note and leave it on my dresser. I'd wake up in the morning and know what God wanted me to do. Sad to say, he never did that... huh, go figure. I just want to follow what he wants me to do. But, how do I do that when I do not know what that calling is? A and K, this is what I have learned to be true on this matter:

to be continued... wait

~Dad

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment