Tuesday, September 24, 2019

I'm Impressed. Deuteronomy 6:6-9

I.m Impressed

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. talk about them when you sit at home, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them on as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

I am wrapping up my writings on the Ten Commandments. These verses say much about what God expects from his children; they are to become like him! He, then, expects us to pass them on to our children. It is not to be done in a way that is taught in many circles today... optional.

We must not make the commandments of the Lord - of God the Father and of Jesus Christ, and the promptings of the Holy Spirit, optional suggestions. We are not to allow children to decide for themselves what is right and wrong, moral or unjust. The must know what God expects of them and what righteousness looks like. We first must live it, then we are to teach it as well! All the areas of our lives are to show that we believe what God says is best for our lives; at church , at home, in the workplace or during times of pleasure... Our Lives Must Show We Love God.

K and A, Many parents want to impress their children... look what a great cook I am, look how well I can sing, see what an amazing athlete I became... But you are not to be that way! Surely I want you to work hard, do well, and excel in all you put your mind and hand to, but that matters little compared to obedience to the Lord. Show your family, your spouse, your children, the people around you that you love God and are totally devoted to him and his ways... I want to know you love God! Impress me!

~Dad

Song
  Live for Jesus, That's What Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment