Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Lord Knows, Micah 1:2b

The Lord Knows

Micah 1:2b that the Sovereign Lord may witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.

We are going to go through the book of Micah next. It is not a pleasant book full of cheery accolades, yet in the midst of doom and promised destruction, we find hope. God is not blind to our sin. He will not sit idly by and pretend that he does not see or does not care. He is acutely aware, works to bring correction and commences judgement at the right times.

Daughters, I do not know this book. I am sure as we go through it, a passage here and there will jog my memory, and I'll remember some of the verses. Keep in mind that my writings are not exposes on the passages that we cover. They are thoughts and promptings that I believe are from the Lord for your encouragement toward living holy. I expect the book of  Micah to more difficult to cover than most I have done, but with the grace of God you will find in my writings the same hope the people of Judah and Israel realized in the midst of their tough times. Sin does not bring about God's love and affection, yet in the middle of our struggles, God, in his infinite love, reaches to us to bring us out of the mire we have gotten ourselves into. If you ever find yourself stuck, reach up to him, and let him pull you out.

~Dad

Song:
  He Brought Me Out

No comments:

Post a Comment