Sunday, December 17, 2017

In My Place, Genesis 22:1-19 (13-14)

In My Place
Genesis 22:13 Abraham looked up and there in the thicket was a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt instead of his son.


I lay there terrified. What is my father thinking? Why would my father do this? He reassured me that all would be okay, but when he picked up the knife, fear shot through every part of my body. My father thought so highly of me, but now he was going to slay me! Then the voice of the Lord rang out. Abraham, Abraham... Do not lay a hand on the boy! Now I know that you fear God for you have not withheld from me your only son. And there in the bushes a ram was caught. My father untied me and sacrificed the ram in my place. Peace flooded my soul and all was well...

In the midst of our torment and trails of life, God calls to us. He says, I have provided a way out. I have a substitute for all your sin and heartache. Look, a Lamb will be given. It is Jesus. He offers to die in your place.

A and K. Satan wants to sacrifice you. He knows that punishment awaits you, and he is willing to offer you up. But, God has provided a way out. He offers his son to die in your place. He has taken the punishment you deserve. You must have faith that this is true and live for him what ere you do. So, live a life worthy of your calling, bearing fruit by doing good works that please him. This will cause you to grow in the knowledge of the Lord (Colossians 1:10). Like Isaac, you will live with the hope of a future. Take his offer throughout your life and peace will always flood your soul (Philippians 4:7).

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment