Monday, January 2, 2017

Quick Note: What I Want

What I Want

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the Lord, This is what I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

We have just come through the Christmas season. A time to reflect on Christ's birth, but also a time of giving gifts... well, most think of it as a time of getting gifts. The question is always posed, what do you want for Christmas. Many volunteer the information, especially spoiled children. They say, a Kindle Fire or maybe a Roku, A new Lego set or a new game, how about an Apple 7 plus so many things to choose from...

K and A, what did you want for Christmas? David wanted to be with the Lord, to be in his house, to seek him and stand in awe of his beauty. Instead of desiring the physical things of life, yearn to be filled with the joy of God's salvation, reach out and receive the gift of God's love. Christ want to be with you. Go where he can found. Make room for him in all of your life. Remember you are to be the temple of the Holy Spirit, ask him this one thing... "dwell, Holy Spirit, in my heart." His presence will be the best gift you ever received.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment