Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Reminded Of The Truth, Titus 3:1-2

Reminded Of The Truth

Titus 3:1-2 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good,   to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.

If we are going to remain true to Christ, we must be reminded of the truths of Scripture. Certainly, that isn't our only need, yet it is a major requirement.

As I have been away from doing electrical for the past 4 years, I have seen a decline in my abilities, a decline in my knowledge, and in my sharpness as an electrician. I forget the rules, I forget the names and part numbers of the material that I would use... no, I haven't forgotten all of what I learned. No, what has happened is that my edge is gone. It is easy to make mistakes, I may have to look things up in the code instead of them being ready in my mind. All hope is not gone, I don't have to quit. I just need to get back into the work, if I want to be considered an qualified electrician.

K and A, it is the same for you as a Christian. If you are not continually going to a Bible preaching church on Sundays, if you think you can miss Sunday School and mid week service and not be affected, you're wrong. If you think you do not need personal Bible focused devotions and serious prayer, you're wrong. Spend time with the Lord. Spend time in his Word. Allow those times to remind you of all that Christianity is. If not, you will loose your edge, your sharpness as a believer. You'll be like a past tense electrician, slow and non productive, always wondering if you are doing it right. But, if you are constantly reminded of the sustaining truths of Scripture, you will grow and flourish in your faith and be productive in your walk with the Lord.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment