Tuesday, October 24, 2017

God Knows You Personally, Genesis 18:20-21

God Knows You Personally

Genesis 18:21 ...I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.


The Lord and his two friend with him chose to tell Abraham what was about to happen. As Abraham walked with them, he was told that, from Sodom, cries for help to stop the grievous wicked acts had reached the ears of the Lord. The Lord had come in person to see and deal with the wickedness. Abraham knew it could not be good.

We may think that the Lord is a long way off. That when we are in distress, God is nowhere to be found. We cry out to him for help, but where is he? Let us never wonder about the knowledge of the Lord. Look at these words from Psalm 139:

2You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.

As we see here in Genesis, God is personally involved in the affairs of men. When they call out to him, he hears, and he acts, in person. We do not know how often God actually makes a "visit" in bodily form, but here he responds and acts on what has been brought before him.

A and K, God will do the same for you. He knows you and hears your laughs and your cries. He see you get up and sees you lie down. He has a personal interest in what is going on in your life. When you have joy, share it with him. When you hurt, cry out to him. He will come beside you and personally take care of you.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment