Sunday, November 5, 2017

I Try, Proverbs 17:6

I Try

Proverbs 17:6 Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.


It is fun to watch a child speak about their dad or mom; my dad this, my mom that. They boast to a friend of how great their parent is and no one could have been any better at football or field hockey or singing than them. Then the child grows up and starts to see the faults of their parent and wonder if they can trade them in for another somehow. I heard it said once that a teenager went off to college tired of their no-nothing father. When he graduated and returned home one day, he marveled at how much their dad had learned. I guess that happens to most to some degree.

K and A, I do not try to be dumb, but I am sure I seems like it sometimes. I guess, I am at times. I don't try to impress you so you think you have the greatest father in the world (You know, right). Anyway, there are times you may think I'm way out there, but I try... I try; to be wise, to utilize what I have learned over my life, to teach and guide you toward holiness, to make you better than me and much more thing that I try. I am sure I often fail you, but I hope you see that I try, and that you are grateful for it.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment