Monday, January 21, 2019

Glad For You, 2 Timothy 1:3

Glad For You

2 Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.

Prayer is such an important opportunity for a Christian. It not only benefits the one who prays but for the one for whom the prayer was offered. Now Paul wrote quite the complex and a bit confusing sentence here. It appears that he is basically saying... I thank God for you as I remember you in my prayers. This would be the t part of the ACTS model for prayer. It is used to honor God for what he brings about in ones life. Paul appreciates Timothy and gives God thanks for providing him in his
life.

A and K, I too thank God for the two of you in my life. Each has contributed to me in different ways. Each has their own abilities and strong points. God is using you not only to help me but to help those he brings you along your path of life. I may not constantly remember you in my prayers, but I am eternally thankful that he has given you to me. I will be praying for you in your journey through life.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment