Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Psalm 119:10, Beth

December 22, 2015

Psalm 119:10, Beth... I seek you with all my heart, do not let me stray from your commands...

There are many verses in the Bible that exhort us to seek the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. It says to do, so that we might find him. There are various reason why we need to find him, each have their importance to our relationship to him. Here we see another reason... in order that we do not stray from his commands. This section of psalm 119 is well known and many of its verses are important in solidifying our relationship to God; Verse 9, How can a young man keep his way pure? - By living according to your word. Verse 11, I have hidden your word in my heart - That I might not sin against you. Verse 16, I delight in your decrees - I will not neglect your word.

K & A, Don't neglect the Word. Read it daily. Dig into it. You will find that the Word is rich and full of promises and warnings. Before the people of Israel crossed into the promised land they stood on two hills, one pronounced curses and the other group declared praises. Both were necessary. They needed to know the results of following or not following God. Daughters, you need the same awareness to occur in your life. Read your Bible and listen to what you read. If you do so, you will not stray from his commands and you will be able to keep his way pure.

~Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment