Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Psalm 93:5

November 25, 2015

Psalm 93:5... Your statues stand firm; your holiness adorns your house for endless days, O Lord...

"Be holy for I am holy." This is a statement repeated over and over throughout both the Old and New Testaments. God told the people of Israel to consecrate, or sanctify, themselves and to be holy for he is holy. (Lev 11:44) God does not change his mind like man (Nu 23:19) and his ways are firmly established. His plans will not be thwarted. He is God forever.

If we are to come before a holy god, and there is only one God, what makes it possible? David answers this question in Psalm 24:3-4, "Who may stand in the holy place, he who has clean hands and a pure heart." He told that to the Hebrew people not to Christians. They had no inner ability to remain holy. They could not have a truly clean heart, yet God expected them to live that way. Before Christ, God provided a way for man to be purified of past sins. Today we can be purified in heart and mind and soul where the past is gone and a new beginning brings clean hands and clean hearts. We are purified from all unrighteousness. (1 Jn 1:9).

A, do you have issues with hidden sin? I would see them if you did. I cannot see your heart, but God can. K, can you ascend the hill of the Lord? Is your heart pure? Is what you do in private keeping your hands clean? God sees all. Ladies, man judges by what they see. God sees the heart. You need to please both. Live in such a way that people around you believe you are holy. Just because you aren't sinning, if people think you are then it is wrong to do. I was once told I was too close physically to someone and I was a poor example. I thought they were crazy, I new nothing wrong was going on, but I altered my actions because I surely didn't want others to think I was and so malign God's character. Be holy for He is holy, daughters. I want you to stand before the Lord in confidence!

~Dad

Song: "God Prepare Me to a Sanctuary" Sing along with it, Make it your souls prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1IeaBqvSE

No comments:

Post a Comment